Matt Eble, Practice Director of IoT Security at Praetorian, joins co-host Daniel Elizalde for a Podcast interview to discuss how to build secure IoT products. This is the second time Daniel has had a guest from Praetorian on the show. On episode number 2, he interviewed Paul Jauregui, and they had a great conversation about creating a culture of security within your IoT organization.
In this episode, Matt shares his expertise around implementing IoT security and shares the work he did with the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) to develop their latest document called: The IoT Security Maturity Model: A Practitioner’s Guide.
Security continues to be one of the biggest challenges for IoT adoption, and we all believe security thought leadership, like the one Matt brings to the table, is extremely valuable for any company building IoT products. This is an episode no IoT product leader should miss.
Topics we discuss in this episode:
- Matt shares his background and about Praetorian.
- Why security is such a hard problem for IoT companies.
- The Security Maturity Model and what problem it solves.
- Approaching the SMM from a practitioner’s perspective.
- How IoT companies can make sense of the vendor’s messages and avoid exposing themselves to too much risk.
- The security mistakes every industry makes, and best practices from these lessons learned.
- Advice for Product Leaders who are new at developing IoT solutions.
Hear the full interview: https://danielelizalde.com/build-secure-iot-products/